The Best Afternoon Tea in Basingstoke & Hampshire
If you are looking to enjoy the finest afternoon tea in Hampshire then spoil yourself with high tea served in one of our period lounges.
What could be more quintessentially English than a selection of blended teas, and home-made sandwiches, cakes and scones smeared with strawberry jam and clotted cream, all served on the finest spode china.
The only choice you have to make is where to enjoy the experience, either reclining in the ornate splendour of the Italian Lounge or enjoying the view of the gardens from the Grey Lounge, or for a more private tete-a-tete the Library makes a cosy hideaway. Smaller portions available for children.
Traditional Full Afternoon Tea
- A Selection of traditional finger sandwiches made with bread from Frankonia bakery including:
- Smoked salmon John Ross Jr, malted brown tin loaf
- Cucumber and cream cheese, beetroot tin loaf
- Honey roast ham and red onion marmalade, onion tin loaf
- Cheddar and tomato chutney, granary tin loaf
- Egg mayonnaise and mustard cress brioche roll
- A Selection of cakes and pastries from our pastry chef, Mark Lawrence:
- Traditional Carrot Cake
- White Chocolate Coated Eclaire, filled with Cream Patisserie
- Mango Mousse Tartlet
- Macaron of the day
- Freshly baked buttermilk scones, strawberry and vanilla jam, Cornish clotted cream
- Your choice of tea or herbal infusion from the menu
***Join us for Jazz Afternoon Tea***
Throughout 2017 we will be hosting Jazz Afternoon Tea on selected Sunday's in our Tylney Suite with live jazz entertainment.
£35.00 per person
|Monday - Thursday,
excluding Bank Holiday Monday
|Friday - Sunday & Bank Holiday Monday|
Cream Tea - Freshly baked buttermilk scones,
(Available Mon - Fri)
|£17.50 per person|
Traditional Afternoon Tea
|£25.00 per person||£28.50 per person|
Champagne Afternoon Tea
|£35.00 per person||£38.50 per person|
If you suffer from a food allergy or intolerance, please inform us and we will be happy to assist you.
Afternoon tea is served from 2.30pm until 5pm from Monday to Saturday and from 3.00pm - 5.00pm on Sundays for up to 8 people in our lounges. Please note that Afternoon Tea on a Sunday will be served in our Tylney Suite on selected dates. Please speak with our Reservations team to confirm specific dates.