Our heated outdoor swimming pool is tucked away in its own walled courtyard and has been described by no less an authority than The Times as being one of “the coolest pools in Britain”. It stands in the shadow of the Main Hall and its poolside loungers attract just as many sun worshippers as swimmers. Being something of a sun trap, it also makes a quiet spot to relax and enjoy a summer's evening drink.
To use the indoor pool, residents can pre-book one-time slot per day allowing a maximum of 20 guests per time slot. Bookings are made every hour so you can enjoy a maximum of 45 minutes of swimming time.
No food or drink can be consumed in this area with the exception of water which can be brought with you in plastic vessels or purchased from our leisure assistants.
Residents can pre-book to use the gym, and bookings are made on the half-hour. Up to 4 guests can use the gym at one time slot for a maximum of 45 minutes.
You can enjoy our facilities in complete confidence with additional protocols in place to ensure a safe environment for all. We do apologise but the snooker room will remain closed until further government guidance is received. Changing rooms will be available for limited access, but we advise guests to shower and change in their room.
Enjoy a well-equipped gymnasium, tennis courts and an indoor pool to help soothe away any stresses of the day, alternatively, try your hand at something a little different and swap your racket for a mallet and try your hand at croquet.
Golf can be arranged at the adjoining 18 hole course, and within the grounds of the estate, we can arrange all sorts of outdoor pursuits which include archery, clay pigeon shooting and even hot air ballooning.
- Five treatment rooms (with a manicure & pedicure studio)
- Heated indoor pool (12.5 by 6.6 metres with a 1.45 maximum depth)
- Heated outdoor pool (14.6 by 7.3 metres with a 1.45 maximum depth and open during the summer months)
- Gymnasium (with a selection of equipment including, treadmills, cross trainers, rowing machine, exercise bikes, multi fitness machines and weights)
- Outdoor hard court tennis and equipment hire (the use of tennis courts and equipment is on a first-come-first-serve basis)
- Croquet lawn (croquet lawn on our vista during the summer months. The use of the croquet lawn is on a first come first serve basis)
- Snooker room (snooker table, located in our indoor leisure facility area. The use of the snooker room is on a first come first serve basis)
- Walking and jogging trails (there are many paths around our 66 acres to enjoy a walk or jog. Maps of our grounds are also available from concierge)
Gym: 7:30am - 8:15pm daily
Indoor pool: 8:00am - 8:00pm daily
Outdoor pool: 10:00am - 8:00pm daily
Please note, residential stay, treatments, spa days and lifestyle membership are all subject to availability and booking in advance is required. Children are 0-16 years old and must be accompanied by an adult when using the leisure facilities.
Please call the Health Club and Spa on email@example.com or 01256 764881 for more information and bookings.
All of the treatments, spa days and pamper breaks are available to purchase as gift vouchers online or from reception.