Please note these guidelines reflect any changes made by the Government as of 19th July 2021
Our heated outdoor swimming pool is tucked away in its own walled courtyard and has been described by no less an authority than The Times as being one of “the coolest pools in Britain”. It stands in the shadow of the Main Hall and its poolside loungers attract just as many sun worshippers as swimmers. Being something of a sun trap, it also makes a quiet spot to relax and enjoy a summer's evening drink.
The outdoor pool is open from 10:00 – 20:00 (or dusk).
A limited drink and food menu is available around the outdoor pool. Please note only items on this menu can be consumed in this area.
Use of our indoor pool is available to residents and we operate a maximum capacity, so during busier periods there may be a short wait for use of the pools.
Children under 16 must be accompanied by a swimming adult. No food or drink can be consumed in this area with the exception of water which can be brought with you in plastic vessels or purchased from our leisure assistants.
The gym is open from 08:00 – 20:00 and bookings are not required. Children under the age of 16 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
Cleaning materials are available to use post-workout.
You can enjoy our facilities in complete confidence with additional protocols in place to ensure a safe environment for all. Changing rooms will be available for limited access, but we advise guests to shower and change in their room.
Enjoy a well-equipped gymnasium, tennis courts and an indoor pool to help soothe away any stresses of the day, alternatively, try your hand at something a little different and swap your racket for a mallet and try your hand at croquet.
Golf can be arranged at the adjoining 18 hole course, and within the grounds of the estate, we can arrange all sorts of outdoor pursuits which include archery, clay pigeon shooting and even hot air ballooning.
- Five treatment rooms (with a manicure & pedicure studio)
- Heated indoor pool (12.5 by 6.6 metres with a 1.45 maximum depth)
- Heated outdoor pool (14.6 by 7.3 metres with a 1.45 maximum depth and open during the summer months)
- Gymnasium (with a selection of equipment including, treadmills, cross trainers, rowing machine, exercise bikes, multi fitness machines and weights)
- Outdoor hard court tennis and equipment hire (the use of tennis courts and equipment is on a first-come-first-serve basis)
- Croquet lawn (croquet lawn on our vista during the summer months. The use of the croquet lawn is on a first come first serve basis)
- Snooker room (snooker table, located in our indoor leisure facility area. The use of the snooker room is on a first come first serve basis)
- Walking and jogging trails (there are many paths around our 66 acres to enjoy a walk or jog. Maps of our grounds are also available from concierge)
Gym: 7:30am - 8:15pm daily
Indoor pool: 8:00am - 8:00pm daily
Outdoor pool: 10:00am - 8:00pm daily
Please note, residential stay, treatments, spa days and lifestyle membership are all subject to availability and booking in advance is required. Children are 0-16 years old and must be accompanied by an adult when using the leisure facilities.
Please call the Health Club and Spa on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01256 764881 for more information and bookings.
All of the treatments, spa days and pamper breaks are available to purchase as gift vouchers online or from reception.