What could be more quintessentially English than a selection of blended teas, and home-made sandwiches, cakes and scones smeared with strawberry jam and clotted cream, all served on the finest Spode china.
The only choice you have to make is where to enjoy the experience, either reclining in the ornate splendour of the Italian Lounge or enjoying the view of the gardens from the Grey Lounge or for a more private tete-a-tete the Library makes a cosy hideaway. Smaller portions available for children.
Afternoon tea is served from 2.30pm until 5.00pm from Monday to Saturday and from 3.00pm - 5.00pm on Sundays for up to 8 people in our lounges.
Please note that Afternoon Tea on a Sunday will be served in our Tylney Suite on selected dates as part of our Jazz Afternoon Teas, please speak with our Reservations team to confirm specific dates.
Classic Cream Tea
Available Monday to Friday only: £17.50 per person
Freshly baked buttermilk scones
Strawberry and Vanilla jam
Cornish clotted cream
Your choice of tea or herbal infusion from the menu
Traditional Full Afternoon Tea
Monday to Thursday (Excluding Bank Holidays): £25.00 per person
Friday to Sunday & Bank Holidays: £28.50 per person
- A Selection of traditional finger sandwiches made with bread from Frankonia bakery including:
- Smoked salmon John Ross Jr, malted brown tin loaf
- Cucumber and cream cheese, beetroot tin loaf
- Honey roast ham and red onion marmalade, onion tin loaf
- Cheddar and tomato chutney, granary tin loaf
- Egg mayonnaise and mustard cress brioche roll
- A Selection of cakes and pastries from our pastry chef, Mark Lawrence:
- Traditional Carrot Cake
- White Chocolate Coated Eclaire, filled with Cream Patisserie
- Mango Mousse Tartlet
- Macaron of the day
- Freshly baked buttermilk scones, strawberry and vanilla jam, Cornish clotted cream
- Your choice of tea or herbal infusion from the menu
Champagne Afternoon Tea
Enjoy an extra touch of luxury and upgrade to our Champagne Afternoon Tea, will all of the delightful treats of the Traditional Afternoon Tea and a glass of Champagne.
Monday to Thursday (Excluding Bank Holidays): £35.00 per person
Friday to Sunday & Bank Holidays: £38.50 per person
Jazz Afternoon Tea
on Selected Sundays
Throughout 2017 we will be hosting Jazz Afternoon Tea on selected Sunday's in our Tylney Suite with live jazz entertainment.
£35.00 per person
If you suffer from a food allergy or intolerance, please inform us and we will be happy to assist you.